Blogger: Phil Schacter
With an expanding base of clients in Europe, the team of Burton Group analysts within Gartner is hiring a senior level analyst (see specifics below), with a strong background in security and risk management. Please submit information on your interest and qualifications, as directed, and reach out to any contacts you may have within the Burton team to start this conversation.
Title: Senior Analyst – Security/Risk Management Strategies
Location: Europe (preferably
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day.
In January 2010, Gartner completed the acquisition of Burton Group, a leading research and advisory firm that focuses on providing practical, technically in-depth advice to front-line IT professionals.
Together, our complimentary services will focus on the entire spectrum of the Technology market from IT leaders to front-line IT professionals. We are now embarking on a growth period of Burton Group’s service offering in EMEA with the recruitment of a Senior Analyst to join our Security & Risk Management Strategies team as part of global team focusing on this topic.
The jobholder of this exciting opportunity will be responsible for creating high quality, in-depth research documents or architecture positions in the fields of Information Security, Application Security, Infrastructure Security and related topics followed by exceptional client engagements/dialogue resulting in actionable advice to Burton Group’s clients.
In addition, the Senior Analyst will be responsible for speaking as a subject expert at Burton Group events/conferences, consulting engagements, as well as supporting sales and marketing activities.
Your Background, Experience & Skills;
The successful candidate will possess the following background and experience;
- At least 10 years of progressively senior experience gained in an end user function, Consulting and/or Research roles as a technical expert in the following topics;
- Infrastructure security for networks, computing, and storage systems
- Designing, developing, and validating secure applications
- Vulnerability and threat management
- Endpoint and mobile device and OS security mechanisms
- Securing information and information systems
- Security management processes and tools
- Excellent writing and research skills coupled with strong analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including large audiences (500+ people)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or related area
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of their time, mostly within the EU but some international
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join the prestigious workforce of Burton Group/Gartner as we begin our unique and exciting collaboration. To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.gartner.com for more information.